Costa Rica From InsideCosta Rica From Inside
Forgot password?


Frequently Ask Questions

Do I need a passport or Visa to come to Costa Rica?

A valid passport is mandatory to enter Costa Rica.

USA, Canada and most European countries do not need Visa. For all other nationalities check here: /

All visitors must have an entry and exit ticket, whether it is by air or by land, as the case may be, as a requirement to enter the country.

You are allowed to drive with your normal driver’s license for three months.

Foreigners can get married in Costa Rica. The documents needed are: – original birth certificate – affidavit of single status – police record – valid passport – divorce decree (if applicable) – These documents need to follow the authentication procedure before being taken to Costa Rica.

The main difference is that in the cloud forest doesn´t rain as much as in the rain forest. The species of flora and fauna that you might find differ from one to the other.

The water is potable in most of the country. We recommend using bottled water, especially in areas around the coast.

The Costa Rican currency is Colon. US dollars and major credit cards are also mostly accepted. You will find ATM machined distributed throughout the country.

Departure tax is US$29.00, can be paid in US Dollars, colones or with a credit cards.

Yes, you can! Please refer to immigration and follow the procedures. In the mean time you may leave the country for 72 hours, upon returning to Costa Rica the permit will be renewed automatically for 90 more days.

All you need is insect repellent, a rain coat with a hood and hiking boots.

Dial 911 for immediate assistance.

You can practice it at Pacuare, Reventazon, Corobici, Sarapiqui, Naranjo and Savegre rivers.

You can go to Tortuguero National Park in the Caribbean or to Las Baulas National Park in the Pacific coast. You may visit Ostional Wildlife Refuge as well.

Costa Rica, as any other country located in the tropics, has mosquitoes. In general, they are most common at dusk and dawn; especially in rain forest or rural areas.

It’s a good idea to wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants if you are going to be hiking or walking in the forest during these times. A good insect repellent sprayed onto your clothing or skin will be effective to keep mosquitoes from bothering you (if you use both sunscreen and insect repellent, apply the sunscreen first and then the repellent). A deet based product is not necessary but is generally the strongest option you can buy.